Grandma Jess is on Facebook and it’s awesome.
omg. My little sister SYDNEY IS A PANTHER LION!!!
(Here she is modeling her new uniform. Turns out she’s the fastest girl on the distance team and there is only ONE boy faster than her. She plans to pat dude on the back before she passes him by this year.) Loves. #SuperTeam #FNL
I’m down in NJ for Easter weekend and this is what’s happening RIGHT NOW:
- Peeps are chilling in the hot tub.
- We’re enjoying Jello shots, almond champagne and sangria.
- Steaks are on the grill, lumpia has been served as an appetizer.
- Gramps is watching the Masters on the big screen TV and I’m sitting next to him oohing and aahing at the skillful shots while I post this.
- Ashley’s dog is taking a nap (under a blanket).
- We are bearing the windy weather for some sun on our faces in the backyard.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I. LOVE. MY FAMILY.
Abua, my grandmother, has loved video games ever since we gave her our old Nintendo back in the day. Her obsession with Dr. Mario and Tetris was so intense that she would go sleepless nights beating level after level. To me, the sweetest part is that she’s incredibly proud of her video game prowess. She loves to tell the story of the time they lived in Maryland and her neighbor’s house was raided by the Feds, but she missed the whole debacle because she was glued to her games. She achieved some crazy high score that day and when she finally ventured outside to check the mail, another neighbor asked if she had seen the take down that lasted several hours. She had not.
Her Nintendo sadly died a bit ago, but this Christmas she got an iPad. Abua’s new favorite game is Bejeweled Blitz. Please note her score and level above.
I love this woman so much.
It’s only procrastination if you get it done. Otherwise, it’s failure.
My “Almost 13” year old sister has been staying in the city with Ryan and me. She has an iPod Touch (her gadget collection beats mine considerably) and has been taking kick ass instagram photos. I’m in love with them.